I have so many questions from many PTCL consumers about how to configure PTCL router or their modem DSL connection. Well, there is a whole process to configure the PTCL DSL modem to access the internet. But you don’t need to worry if you are not aware of this procedure. I will take you through this complete process to help you access the internet.
PTCL is one of the leading telecommunication service providers in Pakistan, which provides internet and telephone services to the public. Over 1.8 million PTCL users in Pakistan use both prepaid and postpaid internet services for commercial and home use.
Every user holds a PTCL DSL modem, which needs to be configured to sustain the quality of the internet. However, you can do this by yourself because it is a simple problem. Besides, it is not possible to take your modem to the PTCL office every time it requires to be configured. That’s why I will show you how you can configure the PTCL router easily.
Configure PTCL DSL Router
Before you start this process, make sure that you know the Point-to-point Protocol (PPP) username of your broadband along with the password. However, if you do not know such information, you can call 1218 and get it from there.
Once you have received the username and password, execute these steps:
1. Connect your computer to the modem with the help data cable.
2. In the taskbar search, type CMD and open it.
3. Now type IPconfig. It will open a default gateway to your modem, which means it will provide you the IP address of your modem. You can now access it from your browser.
4. Open google chrome and paste this form into the browser. You will require to log in to the modem by entering your username and password. Type Admin in the place of the username.
Note: If you don’t know the username or password of your modem, you can find it on its box or on the back of the modem.
5. Once you logged in, you will find your modem details, including its username, connection status, password, Wi-Fi name, and password.
6. Go to the Advanced option.
7. Now click on Advanced Setup and then Wan Service. You will find the Wan connection mark in the box. Remove this mark and click on Add.
8. A configuration page will come, select atm2/(0_0_103) and click on Next.
9. Then insert the PPP username and password and continue clicking Next.
10. Now apply the configuration and save settings.
Note: If you have made any mistake while configuring the PTCL DSL router, don’t panic; feel free to call on the PTCL helpline to resolve any issue. You can also take your router to the PTCL office to configure it.
By following these steps, you have successfully configured your PTCL modem. By configuring the router, you will be able to access your internet or regain its speed. When you are done with the process, wait for 1 to 2 minutes to finish the settings. It will take some time; then, you’ll see the light blinking on the router.
I hope these steps were helpful for you. Now there is no need to take your router to the PTCL office or anywhere. You can configure it on your own if you are still confused, head to our FAQs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the IP address of the PTCL broadband?
The IP address for all PTCL broadband users is 18.104.22.168. And for modem users, it is 192.168.10.1.
- How can I find my broadband IP address?
You can find it by following some steps:
- In the taskbar search domain, type Command Prompt and open it.
- Type ‘IPconfig’ and enter.
- You will find specific information, including your modem’s IP address.